Friday, July 27, 2007

Hug your babies

I was just on Kristy Schwade's site looking at her photo albums. It made me want to cry. All of the pictures before Kaleb was shaken are so happy. She has pictures of her wedding, pregnancy and tons of pictures of Kaleb. The most recent were ones of him in his jumperoo and others with big smiles on his face. And then after that, it's all ICU pics. And Kaleb is just laying there. There are no smiles and when his eyes are open, there's no expression in them.

I'm typing with Jack on my lap right now and I can see Noah over by his toy box, banging things. It makes me just want to hug my boys close and never let them go. The time we have with our children is so precious. They are so precious. I realize that it's so important to take the time to just BE with my boys. Forget the laundry, the television program, the list of things to do...who really cares....it will all be there for me tomorrow. What matters most is my boys and spending time with them.

So, if you haven't yet today...hug your babies. I have, but I think I'll go hug 'em again!

0 comments: