Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cyber Shower Party Post!

Happy Panda is throwing Susan and Janice over at 5MinutesforMom a cyber baby shower and we're all invited! There are tons of prizes and some great games! All winners will be drawn by October 5th so you better join in soon!

I thought I would share a photo of me when I was preggo with Noah first..I'm always amazed when I look at this picture - I really didn't feel like I had that big of a belly, but it's looks like I shoved a basketball under my shirt!


Baby showers definitely bring back memories! Jack's birth was way to fun for words (no, not really). With Noah I labored for 8 hours and then took 2 hours to push him out, but it was a fairly easy birth so I knew that Jack's labor and delivery were going to be faster and I couldn't wait! Well, it was definelty faster....I believe altogether I labored for 8 hours with only 15 minutes of pushing, but let me tell you, those 15 minutes were the LONGEST 15 minutes of my life! See Jack somehow managed to get his fist up by his chin (picture someone resting their chin on their fist, thinking...that's pretty much what Jack was doing!) and so the whole time I'm pushing it's burning rather badly (thank you elbow!)...Jack's head makes it's appearance and then he gets STUCK! Let me tell you, that is not what you want to happen after 8 hours of intense labor! So my midwife (did I mention I had Jack at home, in my bedroom?) has to reach in and pull his arm out and then he finally slid out...I believe the first words out of my mouth were "I'm never getting pregnant again!" Amazingly enough I didn't tear at all....I'm still a little shocked by that since I did tear with Noah and he came down the canal like he was supposed to!

Here's a pic of my boys after they were first born...Noah first and then Jack. Aren't they cuties?!?!

















I'll tell you what though, I've gotta have a girl because I have all these great girl names and no one to name :( Jack was actually supposed to be Mackenzie Rose (poor thing, he got called that alot while he was swimming around!) and I love the name Ryleigh and Elliot for girls too. Julian is cute for a boy...maybe I could have twins next time around! (I know, I'm cRaZy!)

I've been checking out all the prizes that are up for grabs and here's the ones I'm super interested in winning!
1. Baby Signing Times Gift Set
2. Mom4Life $20 gift card (they have some great stuff!)
3. Good for Kids $20 online gift certificate (and free shipping!)

There are a TON more prizes to win so go celebrate!

3 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

How fun! I'll have to check this out. I loved seeing the pics of you pregnant and the two of your boys! :)

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I've got some free books up for grabs as part of my October Pay It Forward Book Exchange. Stop by if you're interested in a chance to win. :)

Happy Panda said...

Please put your info into Mr. Linky. We didn't know you entered. Good Luck

Candi said...

Aww....you're boys ARE cuties!!