Thursday, November 15, 2007

Every Time a Bell Rings....

My family has always spent the day after Thanksgiving putting up our tree, lights and other decorations. And, since I can remember, we've always watched "It's A Wonderful Life" while we decorate. It was my dad's favorite movie. He died in 1998 and since then we've continued on the tradition...it makes me feel like he's still around, in spirit if not in body. It's a tradition I will continue with my children. Although I can't decide if we will watch in black and white or "color by colorization" :)

What's your favorite holiday tradition? Well, it doesn't have to be your favorite! Can you think of one? Well, write a blog post about it and then visit In Pursuit of Proverbs 31....you could win a Toshiba HD DVD A2 Player! Hmmm you've only got until Saturday though!

2 comments:

Amy Grant Bayliss said...

We too do the traditional day after Thanksgiving things.
Thanks for sharing. I will draw a winner tomorrow!

Lisa said...

What an amazing idea for a post.

We don't really have any traditions for Thanksgiving...besides spending it with family eating way too much food.

I'll blog about my Christmas tradition though :)