Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Homeschooling illegal in CA?!?!

I'm not going to make this post very long because my boys are sick, but I feel that this is a very important issue that everyone should be concerned about.

A California Court of Appeal recently decided that homeschooling is illegal in California unless a parent is a certified teacher.

I cannot even begin to tell you how many things are not okay with this ruling. I'm planning on homeschooling my children and I will not be a certified teacher. Even though I live in MI, I still feel like this affects everyone because it could be my state, or your state next. Being able to home school is such an important decision for so many parents. Many schools fail when it comes to children learning. Or they are teaching values that are completely inappropriate. We should be able to have the freedom to teach our children at home.

Please take the time to sign this petition and support the homeschooling parents in CA that are being threatened by this decision!

0 comments: