Saturday, May 31, 2008

How Old Am I?

Do you remember the moment when it finally hit you that you were an adult? When you realized that you actually had to be responsible and couldn’t just hide under the bed when life turned sour? It’s kind of hitting me this week.

We attended my sister’s graduation last night and all of a sudden it hit me that I’m a mom. A MOM. And in 16 years I will be watching Noah graduate. Oh. My. Gosh. I still feel like a kid.

I don’t think I have that “mom” persona that I see in so many other (older) moms. I don’t feel like a mom. I still feel like the babysitter. I feel like the doc’s office is comparable to going into the principle’s office, it still scares the crap out of me when my boys are sick and I’m not that big a fan of playing with them all day long.

I can’t believe that I have 2 kids and I’m responsible for them. When I leave my mom’s house, they’re going with me. Scary.

Does anyone else feel like this still?

Or am I just the crazy one?!?! LOL

1 comments:

Gina Conroy said...

Just checking out all the mommy bloggers who struggle with balance by way of Tree Swing Reader! Good to know I'm not alone!