Monday, May 19, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl




















Lars and the Real Girl (2007)

From the case:
Sometimes you find love where you'd least expect it. Just ask Lars (Ryan Gosling), a sweet but quirky guy who thinks he's found the girl of his dreams in a life-sized doll named Bianca. Lars is completely content with his artificial girlfriend, but when he develops feelings for Margo, an attractive co-worker, Lars finds himself lost in a hilariously unique love triangle, hoping to somehow discover the real meaning of true love. You'll be swept off your feet by Lars and the Real Girl, hailed as "One of the Year's 10 Best" by The Associated Press.

From me: hilarious movie! Ryan Gosling is a hot actor, but not in this film LOL I didn't even recognize him at first! Lars and the Real Girl is a true romantic comedy, it's full of the laughter romance and tears I always look for, but in a very original plot. I was pleasantly surprised; Seeing as how Lars' girlfriend is a sex doll, I was on pins and needles waiting for the ever-present and expected sex scene, which never happened. What a relief! There is barely any sex-related content at all and I only remember one "bad" word (h***). This is a must-see and can even be watched with the young ones in the room!

2 comments:

grams said...

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Allie

Debbie said...

Thanks for the review! I'm always on the hunt for movies to rent. I'm adding it to my queue now!