Friday, May 2, 2008

My Ubby

Most people that know me do not know, but I still have the blanket I slept with as a baby...it looks kinda like the My Ubby blankets, especially the silk all around the edge. Sadly, my "blankie" is rather ragged now (you can see through it) but it still has a place of honor beside my pillow. Recently Noah has been dragging it around and calling it "my blankie" so I was really excited when I won the contest on Baby Joys Reviews for a $50 gift certificate to My Ubby! I was able to build a completely customized blanket from quite a few different fabrics and had the choice to add the satin/silk edge as well as customization (did I mention free shipping, a new addition?).

It arrived today and Oh.My.Gosh is it ever gorgeous! Just look at it!



Seriously, who wouldn't want one of these blankets?!?! I would keep it for myself, but as you can see - Noah loves it. This beautiful blanket cost $56. Now, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to most products and that's an amount I would never pay for a blanket. At least, that's what I thought. I am now trying to figure out how I can save up to buy Jack a blanket too! This is definitely a blanket worth every single expensive penny!

1 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

What a beautiful blanket! My aunt actually sells blankets similar to these and she makes them in varying sizes...for babies, toddlers, and young children. She also makes matching pillows and you can pay extra to have your child's name/birthdate emroidered on the blanket and the name on the pillow. Our son LOVES his set!

So, I’m stopping by and let you know that I’ve got a list of several free books up for grabs in my May Pay It Forward Book Exchange. Come on over if you’re interested in entering to win or even hosting your own PIF giveaway this month!