Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Little Known Facts


Thirteen Little Known Facts About Me


1. I love to read - alot. I can fly through 2-3 books a week with no problem. Which is why I found it extremely funny when I Googled my name (Alexia) one day and found out
that it means "a brain disorder involving the loss of the ability to read" LOL

2. I am terrified of tornadoes - I refuse to live anywhere without a basement and
get extremely anxious if I am on the road or at a house without one when tornado weather appears.

3. I have been told on more than one occasion that I eat some odd foods...just to
mention a few: saltine crackers + onions + cheese melted over that, Cake mix + water and tortilla chips sprinkled with taco seasoning. You can blame my dad for most of them...he came up with some interesting combos himself!

4. I still like to play with dollhouses.

5. I am the biggest hermit you have ever seen. Seriously, I may sound talkative and
friendly online, but if you were to meet me in person I wouldn't have much to say. Just ask Keeping My Fingers Crossed...I think it took me 2-3 years before I said "hi" to her in church and she was the only girl there even close to my age!

6. I like washing dishes...what is wrong with me?!?!

7. I want to play Banjo sooooo bad! My grandpa gave me a "homemade" banjo and I look
at it with longing, but nothing has come of it yet. I need lessons!

8. I don't know how to play with kids. I love them, especially mine! But I just cannot figure out how to play with them...I think it's because I'm such a hermit,
my social skills are not up to par LOL + I have a really hard time "pretending" I always feel stupid.

9. I am a chocoholic! I must eat chocolate after every meal!!!

10. I'm not a big fan of fruit. Amazingly enough, it's too sweet for me!

11. I love Tom Hanks! I love his smile, his voice...if he asked me to marry him I would say YES! (unless he had that nasty haircut from The Da Vinchi code...)

12. Every time I watch Jack Frost, I cry. What I wouldn't give for my dad to come
back as a snowman.

13. I miss being in school. I loved having homework...weird I know.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1 comments:

Tami said...

Alexia,
Love your 13 things here! I'm with you on some of them--like the tornado thing. I'm totally scared, so why do I live in the midwest? :) Also about playing with kids. I used to be good at pretend when I was a kid, but now not so much. I'd rather draw with them or play games. I'm not so good at entertaining other people's kids. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not LOL! And, as you know, I love to read too. Oh, and I'm a hermit too! Here's to our computers keeping us connected to others! :) thanks for sharing!
Tami from Tree Swing Reading