Friday, June 6, 2008

Two Weeks

Two Weeks (2006)

From the Case: Two-time Academy Award winner Sally Field delivers a flawless performance in this bittersweet dramatic comedy about one family's determination to stay together till the very end. Four grown siblings return home to their terminally ill mother's house for what they think are her final few days. When she hangs on, they find themselves stuck under the same roof for two difficult weeks. But as the children come to terms with their grief, they discover laughter in the midst of sorrow, love in the face of anger, and an opportunity to gain new perspectives on their own lives.

From me: This movie is good. Sally Field plays a mom/grandma dying of cancer which touches close to home for me because my dad died of cancer. Two Weeks portrays those last days very well, alot of what happens in the movie reminded me of how our family behaved in those final moments. I found myself laughing, crying and living with these characters. There are no inappropriate scenes and just a couple swear words. I wouldn't suggest this as a family movie unless you are prepared for questions from your children as death is the prevalent subject through this whole movie.

1 comments:

Bethany said...

I had never even heard of it. Sounds interesting.

Sorry about your dad.