Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tasty Tuesday: Banana Bread

I adore banana bread! When I find it at church potlucks it's about the only thing I eat; mainly because I've never actually made it myself. Around here bananas don't normally have the chance to get mushy, we eat them too fast. But, for some reason we had mushy bananas yesterday so my sister whipped up some banana bread while I was gone and it was good! So I had to share:


The Best Banana Bread

1/2 cup margarine, softened (we used butter)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Other options: replace half of the white sugar with brown sugar. Add walnuts. Add 1 tsp vanilla & 1tsp cinnamon.

(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x5 inch pan.


(2) Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour and soda, stirring just until combined.

(3) Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour (or till toothpick comes out clean). Remove from pan and let cool, store in refrigerator or freeze.

0 comments: