Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sincerely Fro' Me to You: Pink Glasses

What is Sincerely 'Fro Me to You? Find out.

I've had glasses for a long time. I can't even remember how old I was when I got my first pair, six? Seven? But I remember that I was waaay excited to wear glasses. I was gonna look so cool.














Ummm.....yeah.

I wore these glasses for a long time. A long time.

It's a good thing I eventually conceded and upgraded. Snazzy as those glasses were, I'm not sure I could have caught a guy with them. The new ones are much better. Much better.

Read more 'Fro Me to You Posts at THAT Family's site.

10 comments:

Brown said...

Oh dear. My mother still has glasses almost exactly like that! Great photo!

My Sincerely 'Fro post is The One Where I'm Naked...(!)

We are THAT Family said...

Love it! It's not your fault that 'big' was in!

Very cute.

Tammy said...

How very, ummm, pink and, ummm, big.

My sister has worn glasses her entire life and I remember a HUGE pair she had back in the 80's with some weird point decoration on the side!

Crayl said...

You look adorable, dated, but adorable.

Ramblings of Kimberly said...

Ah the Sally Jesse glasses! woohoo! You still look adorable though!

Valarie said...

I think I had glasses very similar to those! Thank goodness for contacts!

The Source said...

So cute! My daughter's first pair of glasses were bubblegum pink bi-focals.

D... said...

I used to wear B.I.G. glasses too.

Cheri-Beri said...

I almost posted me with huge glasses this week. Maybe next. Only in my picture I'm about 24 years old - I shoulda known better. But they were in style, I think.

Muthering Heights said...

I'm sure you looked very fashionable back then!