Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tasty Tuesday: Kiddie Kabobs

I haven't been doing Tasty Tuesday lately because, well...I haven't been eating anything but sandwiches LOL But I figured maybe I would introduce some recipes that look tasty and that are on my list to try instead! Like this one - I think it's a fun meal for my picky toddler and there are lots of different ingredients you can add to these kabobs.

I'm just going to list a couple of the kabobs here and then you can follow this link for all of them.

This is borrowed from Parents Magazine by the way.

Pizza Kabob

The Lineup: Focaccia bread, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, fresh Mozzarella, cherry tomatoes.

Make It:
Fold Canadian bacon into quarters first; brush skewers with olive oil before you grill kabobs.

Serve with:
Pizza sauce.



Polynesian Chicken


The Lineup: Pineapple, red pepper strips, chicken pieces

Make It:
Brush kabobs with olive oil before you throw then on the grill.

Serve With:
Sweet-and-sour sauce.




Berry Pound Cake

The Lineup: Blueberries, pound cake, raspberries, strawberries.

Make it:
Slice boxed pound cake, then cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or a small round glass.

Serve it (my addition):
Noah loves dipping so I would probably give him so yogurt or lite Cool Whip for dipping!



Banana Bites


The Lineup:
Banana, Strawberry yogurt, rainbow sprinkles

Make it:
Dip chunks of banana in yogurt first, then skewer. UP the fiber factor by rolling bananas in crushed granola instead of sprinkles.






The rest of the kabobs are just as fabulous so click over and check them out! Do you have any other kabob ideas for me? I'd love to hear them...I'm really bad at coming up with interesting healthy meals!

0 comments: