Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday: CLR to the rescue!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

We've got hard water in our house. It's nasty. Clothes turn yellow, water bottles look like they've been holding pee and the water just tastes very unappealing. I'm sure you can imagine what happens to our toilets and showers....but I'll show you anyways. This is our shower.


I know, it's pretty nasty. We use The Works, but you really have to scrub to keep it clean and unfortunately, I'm allergic. I break out and start itching every time it gets on me, which is pretty unavoidable. So it hasn't been cleaned as much, or as well, as it needs to be.

You're lucky that I have the chance to win $100 from 5 Minutes for Mom for doing this review....It's pretty embarrassing *blush*

So anyways, I jumped at the chance to get a free bottle of CLR, try it, and be entered to win money if I posted a review. And I could even be negative if I wanted to - bonus!

I was fully expecting to post a negative review too. Nothing. ever. cleans. the. rust. Nothing.

So...I emptied the shower and sprayed the CLR. And sprayed, and sprayed and sprayed. My fingers got a great workout! I left it for the 3 minutes suggested on the bottle and then I scrubbed. And scrubbed. And scrubbed. CLR definitely worked, but I was still scrubbing...and that's not a great deal in my book . I hate having my nose in dirt for hours trying to get one spot clean.

The husband was making lunch while I cleaned the shower and right about then he popped his head in and said food was ready - hallelujah! I hadn't made much of a dent in the beautiful sunset in the shower so I sprayed (And sprayed and sprayed!) CLR again and left it. When I came back 1/2 hour later I was pleased to find almost all of the rust gone! Woo hoo! It seems like the longer you leave the CLR to work, the less you have to do! I scrubbed a couple stubborn spots with sponge, rinsed with water, sprayed a couple of the corners and I was done! A nice white shower!


The only thing it didn't get all that clean was the shower head, but I think if I could figure out a way for the head to soak in CLR it would get just as clean.



All in all, I'm pretty pleased with CLR. I like that CLR doesn't have a knock you dead smell and I like that it pretty much cleans itself! I'll for sure be buying it next time I need to clean the shower!

4 comments:

lace said...

Wow! That stuff looks like its amazing. I'll have to check it out.

Susie said...

Great tackle and a great review:-)

Momof3 said...

Great tackle. Shower looks beautiful. try putting some CLR in a plastic baggie and tying it onto the shower head. Let us know if it works.

Debbie said...

Wow! What a difference!
Great work momma.