Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds sooo yummy! Next time I'm at the grocery store guess what I'll be buying? This came from the book, "Dying to Decorate" by Cyndy Salzmann
Banana Split Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 (12oz) can sweetened, condesed milk
1 cup crushed pinapple, drained
1 (16oz) carton whipped topping
1 small package chopped nuts (toasted)
hot fudge or chocolate syrup
1. Prepare cake according to directions on box – use a 13x9 pan.
2. While cake is warm, poke 12-14 holes in the top with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake. Chill until cool.
3. When cake is cool, spread pineapple on top of cake.
4. Slice bananas and arrange in a layer over pineapple.
5. Use whipped topping for next layer.
6. Sprinkle with nuts and top with cherries. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Before serving, drizzle top with hot fudge or chocolate syrup.