Sunday, November 9, 2008

Michael Crichton
















I have been an avid reader since the day my mom pulled out 100 Easy Lessons and taught me how to read. Books have been a part of my life since I was born. My dad introduced us kids to a few authors who have walked through our lives with us and will always be on our lists of favorites. Michael Crichton was one of them.

When I read that he had died last week, it was the first time that I've felt a great sense of loss over someone I never knew. My brother worded it best when he said "it felt like dad died all over again." It truly did.

Michael Crichton was a fantastic writer; The places he took me, I will always remember. And even though there will be no more books. Every time I re-read my favorite stories from him....I will remember my dad. And I can never thank him enough for that.

0 comments: