Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday's Movie: I Was A Rat















I Was A Rat (2001)

About the Movie: A little boy found wandering the streets is taken in by Bob and Joan, a kindly couple. The boy is cold, wet and desperate for shelter, but Bob and Joan are perplexed by his claims that he was once a rat. Meanwhile, rumours are rife at the newspaper about the prince's new love: a girl who captivated everyone at the palace ball.

From Me: A couple times a year Feature Films for Families sends us a boxful of DVD's. Most of the movies are for kids, the stories are lame and the acting is not the best, but we keep buying them because they are completely safe for kids and the we've all loved watching them (until we are old enough to notice all the dumb stuff LOL). Once in awhile we'll run across a gem and this one was one of them. When the movie starts out you sigh a little because it looks like another bad acting/bad story job, but really, it was good! As the story developed, it started to sing a familiar tune and by the end of the movie, I really liked it and thought it was a genius storyline. It's worth watching for sure - I Was A Rat would be a great movie for a family night.

As I was looking up a picture to go with this post I noticed it was a book first - I'll have to check it out and let you know what I think!

0 comments: