Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday's Movie: Made Of Honor




















Made of Honor (2008)

About the movie: Tom loves his life, until he realizes he also loves his best friend Hannah. But when Hannah gets engaged to a dashing Scotsman and asks Tom to be her maid of honor, Tom faces hostile bridesmaids, bridal showers, and bad hair days, all in an effort to pull off the perfect wedding and steal the bride. He's a maid of honor with a plan.

From Me: I'd read some not-so-great reviews of Made of Honor so I wasn't really expecting this to be a good movie. It, obviously, could be considered a re-make of My Best Friend's Wedding (which I loved) and re-makes rarely have good story lines. So I was watching Made of Honor just to say I had seen it and so I had fodder for my trash-talking later. Well, it's later, but there'll be no trash talking. I really liked Made of Honor! I can honestly say that Made of Honor is better than my Best Friend's Wedding (and I can't say that often). What I liked better (don't worry, no spoilers) was that Tom and Hannah have been *real* friends for 10 years. Not, "I'll see you when you come to town" friends, but hang out everyday friends. So there were more heartfelt feelings behind Tom going after Hannah. Made of Honor drew you in better and faster. The only thing I wasn't so pleased with was the few sexual scenes (especially the one near the end) which really could have been left out. Or modified. Anyways, it's worth watching and worth buying so if you haven't seen it, you should! It's definitely worth the $5.00 rental fee at Blockbuster (and I don't ever say that!).

0 comments: