Friday, December 12, 2008

A New Chapter

Well my friends...The husband decided to leave. I assumed it would happen, he was definitely not acting like he wanted to be a part of our family, but I was going to stick with it as long as he did. He offered up a number of reasons, none of them really good enough, but his choice was made. Coincidentally, he informed me of his decision on the day of his second-to-last radiation appointment.

Obviously there are lots of different emotions involved in him leaving. Relief, because my life can go back to "normal" now. Sadness because the boys will be without their father. And a big sigh because now begins all of the explanations to friends, family and acquaintances + advice-giving from people everywhere.

I invited The Husband back 3 months ago because I truly felt that God wanted me to give him one last chance. First of all, for the sake of our family and second of all so that if it didn't work, I could truly say that I had done everything I could. I can say that. So I am sad, but yet I am also looking forward to the future and what God has in store for me and the boys!

2 comments:

Jessica D. said...

Good for you...
You can only do so much...
When you've done all you can do...
Don't worry.

Tanya said...

Oh, my goodness. I've just "met" you and now I read this ... I pray God fills your days with grace enough to spill this all out into glory for Him.