Friday, January 23, 2009

Aliases

So, much as I love my boys' names, I want to give them some bloggy protection. A.K.A an alias. I've been thinking about this for quite a few months, but I 'm stumped. The little one will obviously become Cliffhanger - it just seems fitting. He's a little too daring for me and someday I could totally see him hanging from a cliff by one hand, just for fun LOL

But the oldest is a problem. I don't want something too...cuddly...because when he's 13 and I'm still blogging I don't think he'd appreciate being called something mushy *hehe* But I also want something that personifies him - positively. Help me brainstorm!

My brother thought I should stick with the Sylvester Stallone theme and dub him Rambo. (because he's always managing to get hurt).

I've considered Cuddlebug (too mushy) & Little Me (while true...not exactly the best idea on the planet...and that could be considered negative LOL).

But I just haven't hit on the right one yet.

Noah loves cars, Veggie Tales and most importantly Jesus. You've seen my posts. Help me come up with something just as awesome as Cliffhanger!

2 comments:

Cascia said...

I've seen lots of mom blogs use alias' for their kids and I see their point, but at the same time I don't think it is something that every Mom blogger needs to do. I don't have my address on my blog so if predators want to find my kids they have to search a lot harder than just visiting my blog. I hope you find a good name for your older boy.

Tanya said...

I've thought about this too. I don't have any suggestions for you since I haven't labeled my kids either. Well, not really. I use their nicknames which are derivatives of their real names. Anyone can figure out "Zach", but Ellie isn't as clear cut. Ultimately, I decided not to do aliases because I want to get into publishing. When I do break through, I want my readers to feel a connection with me and I want them to know I'm always authentic, always honest. This probably doesn't make much sense to anyone but me, but for some reason I think having their names helps people feel closer to me, like they can trust me a little more. Those are pre-dawn ramblings for the day. lol.