Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I don't normally make New Year's Resolutions, but this year I think I should. I've dropped alot of burdens off and I feel like I have the freedom to truly be who God wants me to be. I want to start this year out right + be able to look back at the end of 2009 and see where I started and the amazing things God has done in my life since then! I've made three:

1.
Finally get my GED
I've procrastinated just a little bit too long and it's time to get a move on!

2. Lose my baby weight
You can only blame it on the kids for so long....

3. Let Jesus Shine
My pastor picks a new goal/saying for the church each year; this year it was "Let Jesus Shine in 2009" with the reference verse being Isaiah 60:1-3:

"Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."

I thought that was a good summation of some of the things I wanted to work on this year. I'm mainly focusing on spending more time developing a relationship with Jesus, working on my judgmental attitude and negativity and trusting that GOD will supply all my needs - like *George Mueller did.

Changing all of these things though is really just more progress toward the ultimate goal of my life being a witness for Jesus. I've always loved this quote by Saint Francis of Assisi, "Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary, use words."


*"Mueller resolved never to tell anyone what his needs were. He told them to God and confidently expected them to be met."

1 comments:

Tanya said...

I didn't make resolutions this year. I tend to be over-zealous with new goals and changes. My goal this year is to stop setting goals that don't really need to be met. In other words: I want to breathe. I want to claim the joy and peace God promises us rather than working my tail off trying to prove I deserve His grace. Oh, and I want to lose that baby fat too. My "baby" is three and a half, so I think it's time. :)