Friday, February 27, 2009

The Claire Everett Series

The Clair Everett Series
By Tracey Bateman

1. Leave it to Claire
2. Claire Knows Best
3
. I Love Claire

I was debating how to do this review and I decided to only post the description of book one: Leave it to Claire, because I hate when the description of a book later in the series gives away what happens in the first before you've even started!

About Leave it to Claire: Author and single mother Claire Everett is in for a rude awakening when she is forced to recuperate following an unexpected surgery and embarks on a six-step program designed to transform her life, her family, and her personal relationships, until she discovers that all she needs is God in her life

From Me: I really liked this series! First off, the story is about a single mom who is not perfect in any way shape or form. She's a size 14, and does not end up at a size 2 by the time the book is over; her mouth runs away with her, she's selfish and likes to hold grudges. Seriously, how many times do you run across a main character like that? Sure, authors may write minor flaws into their characters, but the end of the book everything is perfect. It annoys the crap out of me sometimes because no one's life ends that perfectly. Especially the weight thing. Ya'll know what I'm talking about! Secondly, I like how Claire and God interact in this series...like everyone else. She misses church, she shoves God to the side, she lets her feelings rule. And then, eventually, she lets God be God. I don't know about you, but I learn more and get more encouragement from someone (fiction or not) who has fallen 50 million times and got back up rather than from the perfect example who never does any wrong. Those perfect people just make me mad. SO all that to say, this is a great series (especially if you're a single momma, but even if you're not) and it actually made me think about my attitudes toward certain people and God, which is always a bonus when I'm reading fiction! Go read all three books!

1 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like a great series! Too bad I'm not a big reader. It would probably take me 3 years to get through them-LOL! (I seriously only read 1 book last year!)