Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday's Movie: Corrina, Corrina




















Corrina, Corrina (1994)

About the Movie: When Manny Singer's wife dies, his young daughter Molly becomes mute and withdrawn. To help cope with looking after Molly, he hires sassy housekeeper Corrina Washington, who coaxes Molly out of her shell and shows father and daughter a whole new way of life. Manny and Corrina's friendship delights Molly and enrages the other townspeople.

From me: This is an oldie (I can't believe 1994 is old, that's over 10 years ago!), but goodie! I've watched Corrina, Corrina before, but just had a hankering to watch it again over the weekend. I love Whoopie in this movie, her personality is great and I love the attraction between her and Ray in this movie. It's a clean movie, but has got good humor, romance and emotion all the way through. It's worth watching over and over + it's once of the few movies that has made it to my "to buy" list!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I don't think I've ever seen this one. It's also 15 years old, too, so it could just be that I don't remember it :-) I definitely recognize Ray Liotta, though, with those clear blue eyes!

Angela said...

I love this movie! I watched it as a child many times.