Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why I Never Get Anything Done - Part 2

Whenever someone asks you what a mom does all day...just send them to my site. It's all the explanation they'll need. (have them click my new "find my subject" THAT Family)

We spent a wonderful day at our Aunt Gina's house yesterday (where the only naughty things we did was spray about half a can of air freshener and climb a chair to get through the railings to the staircase...). I should have known it wouldn't last. We got home around 6:30 and I still needed to clean the bank, first, I decided to use the potty (I should really stop doing that). While I was, busy, Powder Mess #5 happened. *sigh*


Nothing was missed.
Not even Jack.

And the thing that just leaves me at a loss is that he knows he's being naughty. As soon as he heard me flush he ran the empty powder container to me and then went to stand in the corner without me saying a word.

I didn't have the heart to photograph the other messes he's made, just since last night:

The bowl of popcorn all over the living room floor.

The 64-count crayons dumped on the floor with papers peeled off and broken in half.

The kitty litter. Dumped. All over the floor.

The bathroom, where they played in the sink while I was typing this post.

It never ends.

And I know that if I followed them around all day long I could probably stop, at least half, of these messes, but I want to have a life too (this is where I start whining LOL). And it would be really great if my family would keep their crap put away! only two of those messes listed above were my fault GRRRRR

I'm considering investing in a padded room. What do ya think?

4 comments:

Angela said...

Make your siblings clean the messes that are their fault. (If you can.) Get more messy stuff that they are allowed to play with that is more controlled. Jacob used to do this until I learned it was a sensory/stimulation issue. I let him play with dirt, playdoh, mud when outside, baby powder (I have not done that one since he grew out of his highchair) soapy water in the bathroom sink, etc.... The more they do it in a controlled environment, the less they (hopefully) do it without permission. It helped with Jake.

OctoberRain said...

I'm hoping that the kitty litter was clean! Jacob does the bathroom sink thing and then slips and falls in the puddle on the floor. And now that he can open the doors WITH the door handle lock thingys on...its been happening alot more often.

Kristie said...

That does not look like it would be fun to clean up! No wonder you're exhausted at the end of the day!

I wanted to let you know that you've been tagged on my blog!

Pam said...

Oh my goodness! Take a deep breath again. This reminds me of the day Remi got into some flour and her sister's oatmeal cereal while my back was turned. Here's the post:

http://www.swirlbaby.com/2008/12/im-changing-her-first-name-to-mischief.html