Thursday, March 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Movie Potential

Okay, okay, I know I do alot of these weekly meme's, but in my defense: if the boys haven't made a mess or I haven't watched/read anything new...I'm completely lost as to what to post! Plus, this one just looked like fun! Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme where we get to answer a question that is (mostly) related to books and reading! You know I couldn't pass up that since I adore books! So, here is today's question:

What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers?

Or, What book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?

I was actually just thinking about this the other day! And even though this story isn't necessarily a book, I think the story of Rahab, in the Bible, would make an amazing movie! Plus I think it would be so awesome to take a story that is so few words and put a history behind it. Have you ever seen One Night with the King? That was a great Esther story!

As far as the second question goes, I think that the only books that should never be made into movies are books that you're not prepared to do justice too. If producers aren't going to take the time to imbue the same emotion and quality into the movie that is in the book, than they are wasting their time! I hate it when they use their artistic license as a cop-out.

3 comments:

Smilingsal said...

Good thinking; Rahab would make a good movie, and one with a message! My response is here:
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2009/03/booking-through-thursday-movie.html

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'll agree, lots of stories from the bible would make great movies, The Ten Commandments is one. I've seen it! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!!

Sherrie

Nise' said...

Great answer! I am doing the study Remarkable Women of The Bible and we just studied Rahab.