Thursday, March 12, 2009

Children's Movies

I was asked to write a post about children's movies that I think are acceptable. I thought it was a great idea and I had to think long and hard to come up with a list. Please remember that this is MY list of movies that I find appropriate for everyday (and probably more than once in a day watching LOL). This is not an all-encompassing list, there are too many movies out there, some of which I haven't seen yet and I will not put them on the list unless I have seen them with ma own eyes :) These are just my favorites and/or ones I consider worth buying and having in the house. Also, these will definitely lean heavily toward Biblical values, because I'm a Christian and that's important to me.

3-2-1 Penguins

Veggie Tales (also Larry-Boy)

The Gospel Bill Show

Superkids Academy

Pixar Movies (Although Monster's Inc. is scary for little ones and Noah tends to stay away from Toy Story because of Sid's room, he loves Toy Story 2 though).

The old Chip & Dale cartoons (which my brother told me do not have a copyright on them anymore, so it's alright to copy them off the internet...he's found alot of them online)

Adventures from the book of Virtues (There are alot of them, just search Amazon)

Adventures in Odyssey (the radio series is awesome too!)

The Adventure of Milo and Otis

Homeward Bound I & II

Prince of Egypt

Joseph - King of Dreams

Dorf Goes Fishing (hilarious, loved it, even as a little kid! I guess there are more, but I haven't seen them!)

Hi-5

I think that's a pretty good list for now! I think there is a nice mix of shows for kids 12 and under in here. Some of the shows may seem dumb to you and the acting a little bad, but they were movies my entire family LOVED and watched over and over again! Matter of fact, I will still sit and watch these movies to this day (especially Gospel Bill!)

Also, there are alot of movies in your local Christian bookstore that are appropriate for toddlers (cartoons...etc.) I haven't been able to view any of them yet, but when I get my hands on them I'll let you know how I like them :)

***I will continue to update this post as we run into more shows that we like!***

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I loved listening to Adventures in Odyssey when I was younger! I remember sitting on the couch waiting for Dr. James Dobson to get overwith, so I could hear the latest adventure. (Kind of like the pictures you see of kids with their families sitting by the old radios before TV.) I was actually kind of disappointed when the movies came out. I think I had pictured the characters looking a certain way and then the animated characters didn't end up looking like the ones in my imagination. Either way-they are still great stories! :-)

Carebear said...

Thank you so much for publishing this! Glad I asked! There are many on the list we haven't watched at our house - we'll see if we can check some out at our local library! My little guy is scared of Sid's room too, so we don't watch, but he is VERY into Monsters Inc. right now, as well as Horton Hears a Who.

I actually just came by to tell you that the randomly-selected winner of the Cheesecake Factory gift certificate is Joy from Joy to the Blog. Thanks so much for entering my giveaway, and for becoming a follower! I hope you enjoy my blog! I try to visit at least 2 of my followers daily to spread comment love so I’ll be seeing you soon!

P.S. Come visit for my best giveaway ever from March 23rd-26th!

Marites said...

i love the Prince of Egypt, Joseph-King of Dreams, and Homeward bound. The Pixar movies are quite good too:)