Thursday, April 9, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Numbers Game


Some people read one book at a time. Some people have a number of them on the go at any given time, perhaps a reading in bed book, a breakfast table book, a bathroom book, and so on, which leads me to…

  1. Are you currently reading more than one book?
  2. If so, how many books are you currently reading?
  3. Is this normal for you?
  4. Where do you keep your current reads?

I always have more than one book going at a time! Right now I've got four going! Sometimes I have more than four, sometimes less. It depends on what books I've gotten in from the library and how much I like what I'm reading. I like to save books I own for times that I don't have any from the library. I have books all over the place. I like to keep one in my purse for if I have to wait somewhere and then the rest can be found anywhere! They tend to travel the house with me depending on how good they are and how much I want to finish the story. I mainly read at night and in the bathroom (the only place the boys will leave me be lately LOL). Once I get to the last half of a book though it goes with me everywhere so I can finish it.

7 comments:

PopinFresh said...

I save my own books for times when I don't have any from the library as well.

Bathroom reading always reminds me of Seinfeld. :p

~ Popin

Jess said...

I usually read 3 -- one for fun, one for a challenge, one for book club. That usually keeps me nice and busy.

Bluestocking said...

I usually have 3 going.

Numbers

Melissa - Shhh I'm Reading said...

That's funny that the bathroom is the only place you get to read!

I usually have 2-3 going at once.

beeker said...

I usually have three going. I keep two by my bed and one in my purse.

Angela said...

I never read more than two at a time. Usually just one. I tend to get stories mixed up if I do more than that. But, it only takes me a day or two to get through one book.

tanyadennisbooks.com said...

Q: Are you currently reading more than one book?
A: Of course! Is there any other way to read?? ;)

Q: How many books are you currently reading?
Um ... five. If you count the ones I'm sort of, kind of reading (as in one chapter every other week), then the number is at least 15. This does not count the mountains of children's books I read and review regularly. (www.CCBReview.blogspot.com)

Q: Is this normal for you?
What is "normal?" :) Yes. This is normal for me.

Q: Where do you keep your current reads?
A: I keep a spreadsheet in excel of all the books I read. It categorizes by author, genre, and more. This keeps my reading "rounded." Soon I'll add a page to my website to keep track there as well --- and to encourage/share with other readers. I also have a bookshelf blog where I post reviews (not children's books).