Thursday, April 30, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Worse?

Which is worse?

Finding a book you love and then hating everything else you try by that author, or

Reading a completely disappointing book by an author that you love?


This is a tough decision...I absolutely hate it when an author I love (and who writes so well) writes a sucky book. Frank Peretti's Monster was one and House was another (that was by Ted Dekker as well...which reminds me, Skin was bad to, don't read it). I always buy book by authors I love because I assume that it will be another great story. Not only do I waste my time, but I waste alot of money.

But then again....finding a new author and wasting all that time reading blah book after another really sucks too. That's alot more than one disappointing story....Yeah. I'm gonna go with this one. It's definitly worse to find a new author, get excited about all the book possibilities only to find out that there was only one inspired book in the lot.

Share your opinion.

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'm with you! Reading an author I love and the book is bad is the worst. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Marybeth said...

Stupid example...BUT...I had a rough time reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I couldn't even get into it enough to finish it. After the Twilight series I expected it to be so much more. I go with disliking a book by a favorite author!

zetor said...

I agree , I've read an author's work and thought they were wonderful only to be disappointed in the next book.

Bluestocking said...

The first usually happens to me.

Worse

Jess said...

I haven't read any Dekker books. I heard his new one is very good.

Nise' said...

I'm with you. I can forgive a bad book or two, but any more than that and I'm gone.