Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fat Loser: Addictions

I've decided that once a week I will talk about something having to do with losing weight and being healthy. This is basically to guarantee that I actually make strides toward my goal each week - because saying that I failed every single week in a blog post would be mortifying.

I'm proud to say that I have managed to kick my Diet Coke habit! I still drink it once in awhile, but it doesn't sing sweet love songs to me like it used too.

Unfortunately, I've manged to fall in love with coffee.

I have a very addictive personality.

Which is why I've never tried smoking. I'd end up with a habit I could never kick. Annnd probably live in a cardboard box in an alley somewhere so I could afford my 3-pack-a-day habit.

I just keep telling myself that coffee has less sugar (so long as I don't add half a container of creamer) so it's better than Diet Coke...right? Plus, it doesn't have preservatives...I'm pretty sure.

It's cheaper anyways. For 10 bucks I can get a month's worth of coffee. That's only about five-20 oz. pops or 12 cans.

My next goal is to actually start using our elliptical. I'll tell you how that goes next week!

For those of you scratching your heads over Fat Loser - I could never remember the name of The Biggest Loser (that is what it's called...right?) and always called it Fat Loser. I figured it was an appropriate title for me weight loss blogs :)

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I should start doing this with you-maybe I'd actually get in shape! :-)

tanyadennisbooks.com said...

You're funny. Karen (from Life in the Crazy Lane) was my college roommate. She's like you with an addictive personality. I'm not ... usually. But I do have habits and routines. It's not that I'm addicted to coffee. It's just that my routine is to go to Starbucks every week after ballet. If we skip ballet, I don't miss the coffee, but if we go to ballet and not Starbucks then I feel my day is off-kilter. Does that make sense? Weird, I know.

I'm trying to lose the baby fat too. Granted: my "baby" turns 4 this summer! LOL. I'm working on it by cutting snacks (whenever possible) and reducing portion size.