Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Flicks: The Truman Show


















The Truman Show (1998)

About the Movie:
Truman Burbank has lived his entire life in a storybook community called Seahaven. But what he doesn't know is that this too-perfect world is really a giant sound stage, his friends and loved ones are actors and he is the subject of the worlds most popular live TV show.

From me: Good movie! And surprisingly (for Jim Carrey) devoid of sexual comments, innuendos and distasteful subject matter. I had seen snippets of this movie before, but had never actually gotten around to watching the whole thing - it was well worth my time! I already want to watch it again! (too bad I returned it to the library).

2 comments:

Jess said...

Great review -- I loved this movie as well. Another good Jim Carrey movie is The Majestic.

Kristie said...

I agree with Jess-liked The Magestic! I remember seeing The Truman show, but it seems like it was forever ago!