Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done

The hardest thing I've ever done, dumb as it may sound, is walk down the aisle of my church this past Sunday.

There was no alter call. There was no comment that the alters were open. There was just me + God + the song that followed the sermon.

I'm pretty sure everyone was watching me as I rose from the back pew (why, oh why did I sit in the back???) and made my way up the side aisle. Although, I wouldn't know because I watched my sock-clad feet all the way up.

I fell to my knees (and hide my face), and me and God took care of some business.

It was the most freeing thing I've ever done: to follow God's prompting no matter what anyone thought.

I almost missed it.

I'm glad I didn't.

I hope I never have to do that again LOL

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I have never been able to do that even during the alter call! I definitely admire your strength to trust God's calling. :-)

Angela said...

You always feel more free when you do what God has called you to do. And I have seen people go up without an altar call, so it isn't all that unusual. I'm sure no one was staring at you.

grams said...

I didn't see you go up! Where was I, probably chasing after pony girl. I'm glad you did it. Blessings!

Carebear said...

Been there. Sometimes the feet get the better of the head, for the welfare of the heart. Doesn't diminish the feeling of embarrassment as you're making your way to the front though... I'm glad you and God took care of "bizness."

tanyadennisbooks.com said...

At the risk of sounding like a mom: I'm very proud of you.