Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peace and Quiet

I sneak off to the bathroom to brush my teeth, hoping the boys don't follow.

Unfortunately, I'm out of luck.

Noah: (running after me) "Wait Mama! Don't go!"

Me: "I just need to....(no, don't say brush your teeth, they will want to brush their teeth and that takes about 15 minutes and alot of spilled water...you've gotta go to work!)...get...ready..."

Noah: "Noooo"

Me: (While shutting the door in his, and now Jack's, face) "Just sit down and wait for me."

I start brushing...and hear this:

Noah: "Beep! Beep!"

BANG!! (that would be the big yellow, metal Tonka Truck being run into the bathroom door at top toddler speed.)

*door rattles*

Knock-Knock-Knock (and that would be Jack)

Noah: "Beep! Beep!"

BANG!!

*door rattles*

Knock-Knock-Knock

Noah: "Beep! Beep!"

BANG!!

*door rattles*

Knock-Knock-Knock

Noah: "Beep! Beep!"

.....Well....you get the idea....


Why I stay up until 2am every night, even though I desperately need the sleep.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

That is too funny! I'm just starting to get the kids used to me closing the door while I'm in the bathroom. I usually just hear them rattling the door handle and maybe some crying from little Blakers-he is very clingy! :-)