Thursday, May 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Gluttony


Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?

My eyes are so much bigger (especially now that I have kids and can't read as much)! It's a good thing I have such a great library to get books from, otherwise I'd probably be in debt LOL I normally walk through the bookstore with my phone out and type in all the titles I want to read! My downfall is the fact that I can put books on hold at my library, so I will have this big long list of books I want and then they will all end up coming at the same time! I normally never get through them all before they have to be returned so I end up sending half of them back and re-taking them out later.

What about you?

5 comments:

lace said...

I do that same thing in the store except I'm not as high tech as you. I use paper and pen.

And yes I have an enormous stack of books to read (that I own) but am still browsing the library for something else.

Leanne said...

yes, this is me too! I get the CBD fiction catalog and then go to my library site and reserve so many books. Sometimes I have to take book reading fasts.

gautami tripathy said...

You are a bit controled! Most of us are going overboard!

Book gluttons, are we?

Scobberlotcher said...

I'm the same way as you - I write down titles I see from the web and in the stores and save them for later. I LOVE going to my local half-price bookstore and loading up. :)

grams said...

Yes, I too have a stack of books to read, and I couldn't help buying more last week because they had free shipping at CBD. What are you reading now? I'm reading the a book from the Bug Man series. First the Dead. Takes place in New Orleans after Katrina. Good book.