Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Flicks: It Could Happen to You




















It Could Happen to You (1994)

About the Movie: Nicholas Cage, Bridget Fonda and Rosie Perez star in this irrepressible romantic comedy inspired by the true story of a humble cop who leaves a $2 million tip to a hard-luck waitress.

Charlie Lang (Cage) is a neighborhood cop with a heart of gold - and a money-hungry wife Muriel (Perez) who's always looking for a way to cash in. When she asks Charlie to buy a lottery ticket, he agrees, then impulsively promises half the winnings to a waitress, Yvonne (Fonda). When their numbers hit, the real fun begins, as Muriel learns to live large while Charlie and Yvonne learn to love again.

From me: While the acting was a bit awkward in places and the storyline could have been executed a little better, It Could Happen to You was a good movie. I was glad to not have to fast-forward through love-making scenes and there was no cringing at crude language. The only thing I wasn't too pleased with was the fact that I was actually rooting for the waitress and cop to hook up, which would have been all well and good if both of them hadn't already been married.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

I remember seeing this on TV. I remember that it was okay to watch, but didn't really care if I saw it again.