Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Flicks: Changeling




















Changeling (2008)

About the Movie: Clint Eastwood directs Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich in a provocative drama based on actual events: Changeling. In the film, Christine Collins' (Jolie) prayers are met when her kidnapped son is returned. But amidst the frenzy of the photo-op reunion, she realizes this child is not hers. Facing corrupt police and a skeptical public, she desperately hunts for answers, only to be confronted by a truth that will change her forever.

From me: Every mother's worst nightmare is all wrapped up in Changeling. I actually thought Chageling was going to be a supernatural thriller, so I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that the movie was not, and was actually based on true events. Changeling is definitly an emotional roller coaster ride; from the dread of a missing child to the rock that drops in your stomach when the wrong one is returned, and then the pure rage you experiance at the police, it's all there. This is one movie where, once the final credits roll, will send you straight to your children and you'll never let them go.

I was pretty pleased to see Angelina Jolie in a movie that didn't flaunt her sexuality; She's a really good actor and I love to see that used in a movie like this one. While the movie is very traumatic to a mother's emotions, I think that children will, in general, be unphased by it. There are a couple scenes that I would suggest children's eyes be turned away from, you'll know the scenes when you get to them. All in all, it's a good movie, but don't plan it for a girls night out, it'll ruin the night.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I remember the previews for this, but I didn't put it on my list of movies to see. I can't imagine actually enjoying watching it-I'd be a wreck the whole time! LOL!

Katie said...

This movie really tugs at your heart as a mother. As soon as it was over, I brought my 3 year old to bed with us!