Friday, May 22, 2009

It's a good thing Play-doh is only 98 cents


I've been trying to convince the boys to stay on the porch when they play outside so that I can keep an eye on them and still get work done indoors. It hasn't been working out so well. There's just nothing interesting on the porch - all the fun is in the grass! But this afternoon I had a little bit of inspiration hit me - Play-Doh! I had forgotten that Noah got the Play-Doh Duffel Bag for his birthday and we had yet to break it out. It was a hit!The Play-Doh Duffel Bag comes with 4 containers of Play-Doh, 4 "cookie" cutters (shark, turtle, seahorse, penguin), 2 double-sided shape cutters, a pair of scissors, a "Spaghetti" press and an "extruder" (that's straight off the description my friends because I don't know how to describe it LOL). And for only $9.00 (at Walmart), it's a reasonably cheap investment that keeps the boys entertained for quite a long time, for a toddler. Plus, I like that they are working on their fine motor skills. I was impressed that Noah was able to use the scissors (he struggles with real scissors) and Spaghetti press with ease. Jack enjoyed the cutters.

The only down-side is that the boys could care less about mixing the colors (which drives me batty) or letting it fall "aw over pwace" so, because we use it outside, we end up with alot of ruined Doh. All I can say is, thank God it's only 98 cents a container at Wally's. I won't go broke!

If you have the time, you'll have to brose the Play-Doh site. They've got alot of really neat accessories now - for all ages!

And here's some interesting history on Play-Doh that I enjoyed reading.

2 comments:

ck said...

So glad I'm not the only person out there who cannot stand it when her kids mix playdohs! (It really, really makes me crazy.) That, and when you take the Fun Factory back out and there are shards of dried playdoh on it that could cut through skin.

Kristie said...

I like the little accessories, especially the spaghetti press. I'll have to see if they sell those separately. I bet Morgan and Blake would love them!