Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rings of Dominion

















Rings of Dominion

Relentless, Fearless, Merciless

By Robin Parrish

About Relentless: Grant Borrows' life has just taken a drastic left turn. There's another man in the world wearing his face and living his life. What's more, the man he sees in the mirror is a stranger.

Somehow, he's been Shifted -- his whole life fundamentally altered, in the space of a single breath. But the changes don't stop at skin-level. Inexplicably, he's able to affect objects around him by simply thinking about them. And as he soon learns, he's become the central figure in a vast web of intrigue that stretches from an underground global conspiracy to a prophecy dating back over seven thousand years, that tells of his coming. Enemies and allies find him at every turn, but one thing they all learn very quickly is that you don't want to push Grant Borrows too far...

Can destiny be undone?

The players are ready. The game is in motion. And the pace is Relentless.

In the allegorical tradition of Tolkien and Lewis comes a powerful new myth for a new generation.


From me: I'm only going to share with you the description of the first book in the series, the other two books follow Grant as he continues his mission to find out why he was Shifted. You can read the description of the other books by clicking the links above.

I stared this series with no clue what they were about. A friend handed them to me (minus their slipcovers, which is how we borrow books) and told me I'd like them. I don't normally read a book without reading the back first, so I was a little annoyed for the first couple of chapters because I felt a little lost. That quickly turned to interest. While the site claims these books are allegorical, it's not super obvious (like Narnia is). I really liked the books and zoomed right through them.

You know a book is good when you turn the last page and realize that you're a little sad that the story has ended. That's what happened with the final Rings of Dominion book.

1 comments:

grams said...

Sorry Allie, next time I'll give them to you. LOL