Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fat Loser: Bad News and Good News

I have been a miserable failure the last couple of weeks.

With all the moving, not having a stove and sleeping in the living room (oh, and no elliptical either, it's at the old house still!), I just let myself get lazy.

I've done fairly well at not over-eating, but I've been eating alot of junk food.

Chocolate, insane amounts of Diet coke and fast food have been the main aspects of my diet.

I'm not proud of it.

Starting today, I'm getting myself back on track. I've really noticed how crummy I feel after eating/drinking so much crap too. I don't like it.

Good news though! Somewhere along the line, I dropped a size! It's really been annoying me that my size-16 jeans get loose halfway through the day. I've only been able to wear them once and then I have to wash them so they fit right again. Well, I bought a pair of 14's from the "As Is" center in Goodwill the other day (they were like, $1, I figured I didn't have anything to lose) and they fit! I was a little shocked. But happy. One more size to go and some tummy-flattening exercises and I'll be where I want to be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on losing a size, I know it's a LOT of hard work.


I noticed that you entered a contest at treeswingreading.com, I have recently come across another book giveaway, Never the Bride by Cheryl McKay and Renee Gutteridge

http://www.daysongreflections.com/?p=1712

but it's only for US residents (and I'm from Canada) so I'm passing on the info to you

ck said...

Congrats on dropping a size! That's great.

Kristie said...

Yay! That's awesome you were able to drop a whole size! Very cool!

I haven't been doing too good on the diet/exercise thing lately either. I think I'm going to start over this weekend after the cinnamon bread that I made is gone ;-)