Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fat Loser: A Genius Idea

Okay, so, we're close to being moved in (starting to prime today or tomorrow!!!!), but we've still got, at least, a week to go. And even then I won't have the elliptical, my mom will - because it's hers. And since I will already be tracking through her house 50 times a day to use the comp, I really don't want to add exercising to the mix.

Plus, I think they want the two toddler destroyers gone.

I can't blame them.

So, I've been a little stumped as to how I'm going to get my exercise in...

I considered running in place (except I'd look like an idiot),
I thought about using a Jump rope or doing Jumping Jax (except all that jumping makes my boobs hurt and they'd prolly be smacking me in the face, pass)
Maybe getting the mail everyday? (Nope, not a long enough walk)
Driving 10 min. to the nearest trail? (I hate putting the boys in their car seats + gas)
Cleaning house! (It actually does burn calories and God knows the boys can provide enough messes for me to loose 200 lbs!)(But, well....I don't like cleaning that much...)

I had pretty much settled with the fact that I was going to be shopping at Lane Bryant for the rest of my life and was about to pull out the bag of Lay's in the cupboard when it hit me: I live three minutes (driving time) away from a small park! The boys love parks - awesome structures to climb on (and fall off of), no momma screeching...heck I love parks. I don't have to clean up the messes they make!

I can pop the boys in their double stroller (I love you Kristie!), walk really fast to the park and then let the boys go wild while I try to catch my breath for the return trip!

So exciting!

Now, if I just had my double stroller here at the new house....

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so glad you were able to work something out! Walking sounds like an excellent idea, and I'm sure the boys would love going to the park so often.

Cascia said...

Going for stroller walks are great. It is excellent exercise for Mommy and the kids love it. What a great idea! I hope you are able to get your stroller over to your new house soon.

Kristie said...

How nice to have a park so close now! Very fun! I've been wanting to take the kids to a playground that's about a 15 minute drive from here. Every time we go by I think the place looks like a blast-just need to get there! LOL!