Friday, June 5, 2009

The Mini Monsters: Alex Meets Zorba

I can't tell you how excited I was when my review for the Totally Trucks DVD's a couple months ago attracted the attention of the Lolo Production people! They e-mailed me and offered the Totally Trucks DVD we didn't have, Metal Monsters and their new book, Alex Meets Zorba to review! Of course I said yes! I want to watch Metal Monsters before I review it and, with the new house being all-consuming, haven't gotten around to it yet. Noah has watched it (of couse LOL) and he loves it just as much as the other ones! The book, we read right away.

Here's what the book is about:
Meet the Mini-Monsters™. A rough and tumble bunch of trucks & machines that always land on their wheels. Alex, a young Loader Monster, thinks he's the boss of the construction job, until he meets big, scary Zorba, and needs a little help from his friends.

These Totally Trucks™ companion readers are perfect for any kid who loves trucks and big machines, and any parent who wants to teach about recycling, sharing, supporting each other, and other good stuff.

If you want a child to READ a book, put a truck in it.

When I first opened the book, I was surprised at the amount of words they put in the book, some of the pages had a fairly decent paragraph! I'm used to just a couple words per page (I do still have 2 & 3 year olds) and I was actually a little afraid that Noah wouldn't be interested; he doesn't have a long attention span. Although he has surprised me lately. Well, Noah was interested. The phrase "If you want a child to READ a book, put a truck in it", is very, very true, in my case LOL I'm pretty sure I could have been speaking Greek and he would have sat still and listened to the book. I was a little amazed though that the next day he "discussed" the book with me - Noah knew the names of Zorba and Alex and understood that Zorba was scary!

The book uses quite a few big truck words, which Noah had no problems with, he's actually started calling trucks and big machines by their official names now, which is beyond cute! And the story is pretty cute too. If you've got a little one who is interested in trucks, they'll probably like this book! It's been a favorite around here ever since it came in the mail!

**********
BUY IT: You can buy Alex Meets Zorba at the Lolo website for $8.99!

0 comments: