Saturday, June 20, 2009

Touch-A-Truck

I took the boys to a Touch-A-Truck *free* event today and it was so.much.fun! They had so many different kinds of trucks, a helicopter, bounce house, free food and quite a few other activities! I had never gone to Touch-A-Truck before, but you can be sure that we'll be back next time! We were there for three hours!!

I wish I would have captured Noah's face as we walked up to the parking lot full of trucks - he has this certain smile when he's really excited, kinda like this one here:
Except better. Anyways, that's the look that crossed his face as we walked up. It made my day.

So, now, I'm going to inundate you with pictures and you can like it or lump it :)

My semi-truck drivers, these were the only trucks Noah actually wanted to "drive".

The bounce house - so much fun! The 2-minute jump was almost worth the half-hour wait.
Noah, going down the "slide" so fast that he crashed into the wall, every time LOL
Jack looked like this for most of the 3-hour fun, it was entertaining. He was actually setting off the sirens on this ATV while I snapped this picture. He shows his excitement well, dont'cha think?
The boys checked all the trucks out, once, but we then re-visited the School Bus, The City Bus (it was air-conditioned, no protest from me!)
and this....vehicle...we called it a "tank" although I'm sure that's not the proper name for it LOL

Jack loved walking up and down the ramp.
We went back to these three vehicles so many times that the people in charge recognized the boys ("back again?") LOL

I'd say all-in-all it was a great day!

3 comments:

lace said...

I would have loved to have gone. I forgot that it was this weekend. We had a fun time in town though listening to bands.

Was it crowded? and do you know if there is going to be another event this summer?

lace said...

We need to make a date to go to the park that has the splash pad. Weekdays are free (right?)

Kristie said...

Too fun! I've never heard of anything like that before! The only thing that is around here is a Firefighting Fun day where the kids can get rides in fire trucks and do other fire-related activities.