Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Flicks: *yawn*

I've watched quite a few movies this past month, but haven't exactly finished any of them...

I can't really give you a good review if I fell asleep halfway through and then had to return them, now can I? Instead, I figured I'd list them here for you and I'll let you know what I thought of what I did see and if I will re-rent the movie to finish it or not. It'll give you some idea at least LOL

Faith Like Potatoes
This sounded like a great movie, unfortunately, I only made it about 15 minutes in before I fell asleep. And what I did watch, I had a hard time understanding because a couple of the characters had very heavy accents. Granted, if I had not been watching it at midnight with the volume turned low so I wouldn't wake the boys up, I'd have probably understood alot more LOL

So, will I re-rent it? Yup. The storyline interested me, even though I missed alot. I want to know what happens!


He's Just Not That Into You
I watched almost all of this movie before finally conking out. It was mildly entertaining, but I wasn't pleased with how some of the girls behaved - the morals were lacking for sure. I wasn't too upset that I had fallen asleep.

So, will I re-rent it? Nope. This one's not even worth wasting a free Redbox code on again.


New in Town
I didn't appreciate what I gathered from this movie at all. They made fun of Christians pretty much all the way through and the storyline was lacking...alot.

So, will I re-rent it? Nope.


The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
I was planning on reading the book first, but then I really wanted to watch a movie and this was the only one Redbox had that I was interested in. Benjamin Button was only 10 or 12 when I fell asleep, the storyline creeps along (at least that's how I felt).

So, will I re-rent it? Maybe. It is still an interesting story, I just need to watch it when I'm awake.


Last Chance Harvey
I don't even remember what this movie was about.

So, will I re-rent it? Not a chance.


Smother
The idea was nice, but the writing and acting wasn't. It was just a...weird...movie. I was a little bummed because I normally like Diane Keaton, but she was a very, very odd cookie in this one, I didn't like what I saw of the movie at all.

So, will I re-rent it? No.


Not Easily Broken
I listened to the book on tape and loved it, but I can't really say if I liked the movie or not because I didn't get to see barely any of it LOL If it's anything close to the book though, I know I'll love it!

So, will I re-rent it? For sure!


Blindness
I only rented this movie because Mark Ruffalo was in it, and I like the movies he acts in. Ummm not this one. It was a horrible movie that was nothing like what I thought it was. There was alot of just not-cool stuff happening and it had a very funky air about it. I was wide awake for this movie and ended up turning it off halfway through because I was so disgusted with it.

So, will I re-rent it? There is not a thing you could offer me that would convince me to waste my money or my time on this one again!


The House Bunny
I actually watched almost all of this movie (I missed the beginning) and, while the storyline was interesting, I still wasn't a fan. Too much sexuality and immodesty and the breathy whisper that was the main characters voice drove me up a wall.

So, will I re-rent it? Nope.



Ummm, wow. I didn't know I had watched that many movies in the past couple of weeks LOL

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm surprised by New in Town. I thought it looked cute, but now I know better! LOL!

Angela said...

Benjamin Button is definitely worth seeing. It drags out, but it is very excellently put together.