Friday, October 16, 2009

It's a blog post! No, really, it is.

Lately, this has been a sorry excuse for a blog...forgive me. It seems that logging on to a computer that does not reside in my actual apartment is very inconvenient, even though it is only a few short feet away. Dragging the boys away from their toys and informing them that they can only look at all of Grammy's goodies is not conducive to peace, quiet and the ability to concentrate. Someday, I will figure out how to get all of these to work together. Until then, you get what you get...on Fridays...when the ex is playing with the boys for three hours and I'm "banned" from my apartment.

With that said!

How many of you fell over when you heard that President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for his mighty dreams and smooth promises? I sure did! It actually kinda ruined the Nobel Peace Prize deal for me. Since when do we get praise for talking about attempting to do something good? Ummmm never! That's like awarding perfect attendance at the beginning of the school year to the stuck-up kid who boasts that he's not going to miss a day all year long. Orrrr it's like giving me my paycheck at the beginning of the pay period instead of the end...because I'm on the schedule after all. Or, well, Tom Naughton says it so much better than me: Nice Words, Good Intentions.

3 comments:

Angela said...

This man sure is deceiving lots of people isn't he? Oh, the end time we are in......

lace said...

I'm neglecting my blog as well. We should create a club.

Kristie said...

I was definitely shocked hearing that one! I can't believe he got it either. Whoever is picking the recipients of that are not impressing me lately!