Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth???

Since the day Noah was born I was convinced that the darling angel only listened to me when it would benefit him in some way, shape or form.

I'm sure this applies to all kids. Of all ages.

Noah confirmed this for me recently.

In my quest to raise Godly children who think about how their actions affect others...

Actually, I have a wild hope that I can guilt them into behaving and hence, restore the peace and quiet in the home...but don't tell anyone I said that.

...I have taken to asking them "what would Jesus do?" when they are in the midst of a veeery physical battle over Scrat, gum, or the only Thomas Train we own.

It's normally when I'm at the height of desperation because I don't think my sanity can handle one more at-the-top-of-their-lungs scream and I really don't want to end up in the E.R. because they literally took to beating each other over the toy they both want.

Yes, that has happened. Them beating each other...not the E.R. trip...yet. Don't worry, so far I've managed to break them up before any real damage occurs ;)

So the boys, of course, ignore me when I ask this question. Because they know what Jesus would do and they're not falling for it.

Reminds me of the brothers who were fighting over the last pancake, Mom asked them what Jesus would do and the older brother looks at his younger and says, "you be Jesus".

Anyways, Noah used this against me the other day.
Italic
Noah likes pop. My pop. MY pop. I don't like to give him any.

Because it's full of sugar and three-year-olds shouldn't be drinking pop, of course!

So, when he asks for a drink and I tell him no; Noah looks straight into my eyes and asks "what would Jesus do?"
Bold
Small pause while he waits for me to answer...I just grip my drink tighter.

"Jesus would sha-are! Sha-re with me!"

And how can you resist that?!?!

I sure can't.

He always gets a drink.

The little bugger hears every word I say, he's just to busy storing it away for his own use later on to actually do what I want him to do!

0 comments: