Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Flicks: The Blind Side

















The Blind Side


About the movie: Teenager Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron) is surviving on his own, virtually homeless, when he is spotted on the street by Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock). Learning that the young man is one of her daughter's classmates, Leigh Anne insists that Michael - wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the dead of winter - come out of the cold. Without a moments hesitation, she invites him to stay at the Tuohy home for the night. What starts out as a gesture of kindness turns into something more as Michael becomes part of the Tuohy family despite the differences in their backgrounds.

Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. And as the family helps Michael fulfill his potential, both on and off the football field, Michael's presence in the Tuohy's lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own.

From me: By now ya'll should know that I love Sandra Bullock. She is a great actor and it seems like the older she gets the better movies she picks to be in! This one is no exception! The whole movie was just awesome. There were funny moments, touching moments and I *almost* cried at the end. You'll love it! (and the kids can watch it too!)


**********
Disclaimer:
This movie was rented, by me, for my enjoyment and sharing it with you was my idea. I have not accepted anything in exchange for this review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Rick Garner said...

Thank you for this post. For more on how practicing what we preach can change a life, check out this post: http://richardtgarner.blogspot.com/2009/12/renewing-stars-faith.html

Kristie said...

I SO want to see this movie! I'm a huge fan of Snadra Bullock too-ever since Speed :-)