Sunday, January 10, 2010

Automoblox

Automoblox are these amazing wooden cars that come in mini and full sizes, they have brightly colored wheels and windshields and the part I love the most? You can pull the cars apart and mix and match them any way you please.

I've been trying to win an Automoblox for, at least, a year now; seeing as how I haven't been able to fit one into my budget, but...I've had no luck. At least until Christmas rolled around. My sister asked me what she should get the boys and can you guess what I suggested? You bet - Automoblox! The boys ended up each getting a mini for Christmas and I finally got to check them out in person.

And they are even better than I thought!

The minis are, surprisingly, not that mini. Here's a size comparison for you; the two minis beside a Hot Wheels car of the boys':


So the cars break down like so:

And the pieces can be put back together in any way, shape or form you can come up with. Noah really enjoys mixing the car and truck up. What I like is that the pieces of each vehicle are color-coded so you don't have to guess when you want to return each vehicle back to their original state.

They've also endured Noah's teeth well. I tried to convince him that the wheels pop off easily, but he won't listen to me.

All-in-all the Automoblox are a huge hit in our household and I think the price is pretty reasonable for the size and durability. I definitely plan to add more to our meager collection and I'm sure they will be bought for birthday presents as well.

*****
BUY: Automoblox can be purchased from the Automoblox website; the prices range from $36-$45 for a full-sized and $10 (individual mini) to $36 (mini 3-pack) for the minis.


*****
Disclaimer:
I was not compensated in any way for this positive review. All opinions are my own.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

I've tried winning these too! You'd think between the 2 of us one of us would have lucked out! ;-)
It's good to know that they are worth the price though-maybe we'll get Blake one or two for his 3rd birthday :-)