Friday, January 15, 2010

Burn



















Burn
by Ted Dekker & Erin Healy

About the book: She escaped the fire - but not the effects of the Burn.

Janeal has long felt trapped in her father's gypsy culture. Then one night a powerful man named Salazar Sanso promises her the life she longs for - if she will help recover a vast sum of money tied to her father.

When the plan implodes, Sanso and his man attack the gypsy settlement and burn it to the ground. During the blaze, Janeal is faced with a staggering choice.

The impact of that moment changes her forever.

As her past rises from the ashes, Janeal faces a new life-or-death choice. And this time, escape is not an option.

From me: I really enjoy the stories that are spun from Ted and Erin's collaborations. It's nice to have "real life" mixed in with with Ted's insane supernatural and phsycological events. Burn harkens back to Ted's earlier works (Blink, Thr3e) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The one thing that *kinda* bugged me was that there was no solid explanantion of the happenings in Burn, but that's just me. Ted and Erin did a good job of laying the groundwork and leaving the details for the reader to fill in. Which I can; I'm just the kind of person that likes that 5-minute at the end, I don't have to think as much LOL

*****
Disclaimer: I was not offered any kind of compensation for this review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments: