Thursday, January 7, 2010

Green




















Green
by Ted Dekker

About the book: The story of how Thomas Hunter first entered the Black Forest and forever changed our history began at a time when armies were gathered for a final battle in the valley of Migdon. Green is a story of love, betrayal, and sweeping reversals set within the apocalypse. It is the beginning: the truth behind a saga that has captured the imagination of more than a million readers with the Books of History Chronicles.

But even more, Green brings full meaning to the Circle Series as a whole, reading as both prequel to Black and sequel to White, completing a full circle. This is Book Zero, the Circle Reborn, both the beginning and the end. The preferred starting point for new readers . . . and the perfect climax for the countless fans who’ve experienced Black, Red, and White.


From me: I've loved all of Ted Dekker's books, The Circle series is one of his greatest works (in my humble opinion). With that said, I am glad to finally see (hopefully) The Circle come to an end. The actual color books (Black, Red, White and Green) are GREAT, but all the extra books were getting a little old. With that said - Green was very intresting and fit in perfectly with the rest of the story. I'm always amazed with how Ted can get so many different details and storylines to fit together so perfectly. NOW, Ted says that Green can be read at the beginning or the end of his circle of color; but since I've read all of his previous books concerning The Circle and still had a hard time keeping all the people straight, I would suggest saving this one for last. But do read if you haven't, do read. You'll be missing out if you don't.

*****
Disclaimer: I reviewed this book for fun. No one gave me the idea or offered me anything - bummer.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL! I wish someone gave you one to giveaway! This really sounds like something Rich would enjoy. I'm sure I would too if I read more! ;-)