Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Died Today.

You remember the One Thing I chose for January? Well, besides shoveling snow last week, I've done Zero Things. It turns out the elliptical was a bad choice. You see, it's in my mom's house and I can't manage to get over there. Granted, her house is only about ten steps away BUT before you start laughing at me let's take into account the fact that:

It's winter, which means the ground is covered in snow and ice.

Which means I have to dress my boys warm just to make those ten steps.

I have two toddlers.

Who like to destroy things.

Especially while I'm occupied somewhere else.

Even more so when it's stuff that's not theirs.

Getting the picture?

I thought so.

When I realized we are halfway through the month already and I had done jack-squat, I panicked a little.

And then I got the brilliant idea to run out and buy Jillian's 30-Day Shred.
I kept reading great things about it all over the blogosphere. And the moves aren't so complicated that I wouldn't be able to figure them out (like some other exercise tapes I have tried...the ones where I sit down and watch the workout after 2 minutes because I can't figure out what the heck they're doing).

I popped Jillian in for the first time tonight after I got home from work and people, I can barely type right now. My limbs are shaking and when I went to Mom's house to get the laptop I about fell going up and down the stairs because my legs were giving out on me.

Ho.ly. Cow.

And that was only the 20-minute level one workout.

And I modified my workout even more than Anita, the Beginner Girl.

And it took me twice as long as Jillian to get up and down off of the floor between moves.

And I took alot of 5-second breaks (don't worry Jillian said I could).

I'm pretty sure it's going to take me 30 days just to be able to do the advanced moves with Natalie in level one.

If I don't die before then.

P.S. The boys have chosen The Shred as their new favorite movie. I'm not even joking. They are hauling around my 2 lb. weights and copying Jillian's moves. When it was over, Noah asked me to turn it back on. It looks like we're all gonna be fit ad fabulous and the end of the 30 days LOL

1 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL! LOVE the title! I can't believe the boys like watching it-that's too funny! I try to do it when the kids are napping, but Morgan is getting out of naps now and is usually up with me. She only does a little of the workout before moving on to other things :-)