Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Corn Pudding

My mom has made corn pudding since I was a little kid, and I actually used to hate it (I'm not sure why...), but now I love it! And so does everyone else, it's one of the first things gone when she takes it to potlucks and my only goal in life is to come up with a recipe that rivals hers on the potluck table LOL

Corn Pudding
(This is for a double batch)

2 boxes of Jiffy corn pudding mix
2 cans - Whole kernel corn (do not drain)
2 cans - Creamed corn
1 cup - oil
1 cup - sugar
2 eggs
Sour cream - 8 oz. (she thinks, Mom doesn't measure! She said that she buys the bigger tub of sour cream and only uses half of it LOL)

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until golden brown on top. Sometimes it takes a little over an hour.

Mom also said that a double batch usually requires a cake pan that's bigger than the normal 8 x 13 or 9 x 13 (she can't remember the regular size and I have no clue! LOL) otherwise the corn pudding will overflow!

2 comments:

grams said...

Yummy, thanks Allie

Kristie said...

Sounds delicious! I'm going to need a few more ingredients to make it though. Maybe I can convince Rich to stop at the store on his way home ;-)