Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Flicks: The Invention of Lying
















The Invention of Lying

About the movie: In a world where people speak the truth and have no concept of deception, a young man about to lose everything invents the "lie" and goes on to change not just the nature of movie-making, but creates the basis of religion.

From me: I was pretty excited when I heard that Ricky Gervais was the lead in another movie. Ghost Town was hilarious, all because of him! Unfortunately, I only made it about halfway through Invention of Lying before I turned it off. Because no one could lie, there was more information than I cared to hear shared on sexual subjects. I was also less than impressed with Ricky Gervais' obvious (and sacriligious, in my opinon) copy-cat of Moses and the Ten Commandments. Ricky's version included his ten rules pasted onto two pizza boxes, one held in each arm (right after that particular scene is when I turned the movie off). Ricky was his usual funny self and I did enjoy quite a few scenes in the movie, but unfortunately the negative won out in the end. If you can't contain your curiosity :) I would suggest that you make sure the kids are in bed before you satisfy it.

*****
Disclaimer:
I was not compensated in any way for this review. All opinions are my own.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

Good to know it's not the best to see! I'm not sure it's one we'd pick up, but you never know....Rich grabbed Inglorious Bastards (sp?) a few weeks back and then he fell asleep and I ended up watching the whole disgusting movie. It was one that you think would get better, but it didn't! (Mostly blood and swearing, plus it was slow.)